(Served from 2020 -Present)
(Served from 2015 - 2020) The Rev. Lauren Applegate was raised in Freehold, NJ where she attended Hope Lutheran Church. She was ordained in 2015 after graduating from United Lutheran Seminary in Philadelphia, she also received a Bachelor’s degree in social work from Ramapo College of New Jersey in 2009. New Jerusalem was her first call as pastor. She lives in Bethlehem with her husband and three children.
(Served from 1996 - 2014) The Rev. Tricia McMackin was born in Reading, PA. She graduated from The Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, PA in 1991, receiving her Master of Divinity degree. Her first parish was Trinity Lutheran Church in Bowmanstown, PA. She was called to New Jerusalem in 1996 and proudly served this congregation for 18 years. Pastor Tricia’s free time interests include singing, playing the piano, having fun with nieces and nephews, and adding to her pig collection.
(Served from 1990 - 1995) The Rev. Paul Nye graduated from Wagner College in Staten Island, NY. He received his Master of Divinity degree and Doctor of Ministry degree from the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, PA. He was called to New Jerusalem in 1990 and served for 5 years. He is currently employed as Vice President of Mission Support at Peter Becker Community in Harleysville, PA.
(Served from 1962 - 1990) The Rev. Augustus V. Tietbohl graduated from Susquehanna University in 1948 and the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Gettysburg, PA in 1951. His first parish was Faith Lutheran Church in Phildelphia, PA. He married Josephine (Kammerer) Tietbohl in May, 1953 and had 3 children. His second call was St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Nanticoke, PA. In 1962 he was called to New Jerusalem, where he served God and this congregation for 28 years until his retirement.
(Served from 1958 - 1961) The Rev. Earl E. Zeiner was ordained in May 1955. His first charge was the combined parishes of Salem Lutheran in Mooresville, PA and St. Peter's in Seemsville, PA. He served both union churches from 1955 - 1957. In 1958, he was called to serve as an Assistant Pastor in Williamsport, PA. He came to New Jerusalem in December 1958 and served until December 1961. He was then called to Good Shepherd Lutheran in Tuckerton, PA until 1980.
(Served from 1950 - 1957) The Rev. Richard A. Beck was born on December 24, 1903 in Nova Scotia, Canada. He graduated from Muhlenberg College in 1926 and the Philadelphia Seminary in 1929. He received his Bachelor of Divinity degree in 1946. His first parish was the Bowman-Dinkey Parish. After he served New Jerusalem, he accepted the charge at St. John's in Honesdale, PA. At that time he would retire, move to Allentown, PA, and eventually pass to his eternal rest.
(Served from 1933 - 1949) The Rev. Daniel D. Kistler was born on November 22, 1901 in Coopersburg, PA. He graduated from Muhlenberg College in 1921 and the Philadelphia Seminary in 1924. He received his Doctor of Divinity degree in 1960. His first parish was Trinity Church in Everett, WA. While he was there, he served as President of the Pacific Synod. After 16 years, Pastor Kistler left the New Jerusalem charge in 1949. He died suddenly at a Christian seminar in Scotland on December 12, 1960.
(Served from 1894 - 1933) The Rev. W. W. Kistler was born on September 12, 1861 in West Penn, PA. In June 1891, he graduated with honors from Muhlenberg College. The following September he entered the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia and graduated in May 1894. Upon his graduation, he received and accepted a call to the charge made vacant by the resignation of Rev. Yehl.
(Served from 1888 - 1893) The Rev. Elias A. Yehl was born on May 17, 1860 in North Whitehall Township, PA. He studied ministry at the Philadelphia Theological Seminary. Immediately following his ordination he became Pastor of the charge, which included New Jerusalem. Pastor Yehl was described having a fine presence. He was energetic at work, active in pastoral visitation, and practical in his pulpit ministrations. With his health gradually failing, he was compelled to resign his charge in 1893.
(Served from 1857 - 1886) The Rev. William Rath was born on September 23, 1826 in Friedensville, PA. After working as a farmer, blacksmith, and salesman, he began to study for the ministry in 1850. He was tutored by the Rev. Jeremiah Schindel and passed his examination in June 1852. In May 1857 Pastor Rath received and accepted a call to the charge consisting of four congregations, including New Jerusalem. He resigned as Pastor of New Jerusalem in 1886 and died on July 16, 1889.
(Served from 1851 - 1857) The Rev. Jacob Vogelbach was born in Germany, which is where he also his received his ministerial training. He came to America as a young man and became the Pastor of New Jerusalem in 1852. In 1853 he also became the Pastor of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Allentown, PA. Pastor Vogelbach was described as an able preacher, remembered for his spiritual and evangelical sermons. He died on November 20, 1880.
(Served from 1848 - 1851) The Rev. William German was born on September 16, 1798 in Womelsdorf, PA. The brother of Rev. Benjamin German, William studied privately and was received into the synod after examination. He would go on to serve four congregations. He became the Pastor of New Jerusalem upon his brother’s passing in 1848. Although his pastorate at New Jerusalem was short, Pastor William German is kindly remembered for his self-sacrificing work.
(Served from 1838 - 1848) The Rev. Benjamin German was born on September 5, 1789 in Womelsdorf, PA. He began studying theology at age 19 under the Revs. Von Huff, Thelmuth, and Schaeffer. After being ordained in 1815 he would go on to serve four congregations, including New Jerusalem in 1838. It is written that Pastor German was a powerful preacher, eloquent, and fearless. He died on August 22, 1848 at the age of 58.
(Served from 1834 - 1838) The Rev. Henry S. Miller, was born October 30, 1801 in Hanover Township, PA. He began to study for the ministry at age 17, receiving personal instruction from his Pastor. It was during his first pastoral charge in Bucks County, PA that a new church known as "Apples," a union church, was built. He soon became the first Pastor of that congregation and continued in that capacity until 1838. He died on August 29, 1887 after serving 64 years in the ministry.